Monday, September 8, 2008

The force (un)leashed

Like most Star Wars fan that happens to own an iPhone or an iPod touch (my case), I was looking forward to September 16th release of The Force Unleashed. However, after watching a video showing the gameplay ... I'm bitterly disappointed. I was hoping for something similar to Jedi Knight 2 where I could play as Darth Vader's secret apprentice (real name Galen Marek) ... instead it looks like the game will be cinematic and mainly finger gestures based. What's the point of carrying a cool looking light saber around if it's only used to return laser blast? ... Okay so yeah, FPS friendly controls on a device such as this is tricky, but not impossible ...

While I am on this subject, I should mention that I been reading Timothy Zahn's first sequel to Episode VI: Heir to the Empire. So far it is okay ... nothing exceptional really, but it's not too bad either. It is the first time that I'm reading a Star Wars expanded universe book. Since I had some downtime between Dune's universe books I thought I gave that a try.

No comments: