Thursday, January 8, 2009

Palm's Nova ...

Well today is the day where Palm is supposed to announce, at the CES, its new OS (Linux based apparently) which should compete with the iPhone. Not much have leaked so far on what to expect (somehow this sounds like an Apple's operation), so there is not much to said for now. I'm not very warm to Palm, mainly because the Palm Pilot is somewhat responsible for the (inevitable?) demise of my beloved Newton (smaller & cheaper devices which didn't do a quarter of what the Newt' could do). It's not that I didn't try to like them, since I got myself (I know! What was I thinking!) a Palm Tungsten T3 back in 2004. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), there was no spark between us. The device it-self was alright I guess, but the OS left me cold, uninterested and the unit ended-up collecting dust on my desk for years, unused.

No comments: