Sunday, August 10, 2008

2.0.1

So I upgraded my iPod touch yesterday morning from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 ... Since I had a jailbroken unit, I was a bit worry that I may encounter some issues, but the whole process went pretty smoothly. All I had to do was to hit the restore button in iTunes, which installed 1.1.5 and whipped all the apps and data I had installed (no big deal). Once that was done, I bought the 2.0 update from iTunes and that was it.

2.0 OS has been discussed a lot since it came out, so I'm not going to get into any details, I'll just said that, yes the unit does feel more sluggish than 1.1, and yes there's a lot of so-so apps on the App Store. I wishs there was a way to download demo version of some of the game. For example, I bought Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D, and I regret it 'cause I don't like it that much (there goes 10 bucks ...). Some of the apps, are very familiar to me, since they have been available on jailbroken devices for months, such as Vladimir Kofman's Converter ($1). It's a cool app, which doesn't seems to have changed a lot ... except that now it's much slower to start than before :-\ Hopefully Apple can fix that up in the up-coming 2.1 update .... 9_9

Bottom line, was it worth upgrading? Not really.

No comments: