Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blown away ...

We had a long time friend over last night for diner and I had the "bad" idea to introduce him to the iPod touch. Now, he had heard about the iPhone and iTouch before, but never had the privilege to play with one ... and he was literally blown away by it, especially by the touch UI experience and easy of web browsing ... and also by the few games I had on it (still running jailbroken 1.1.14) making use of the on board accelerometers. I had to use all of my persuasion skills (which isn't much really) to restrain him from running to buy one right away ... with a rumored update right around the corner, it is definitly worth waiting a month or so.

This past Saturday, I was my self impressed by the latest iteration of Grand Theft Auto on a friend PS3. I had heard of it before, obviously, but never actually played it .... let's hope an iPhone version (or clone) shows up on the app store ... 'cause it's a pretty darn cool game. Granted it's dark and violent, but it's a fun game nevertheless ... now if only I could manage to drive around without hitting pedestrians and other cars ... 9_9

No comments: