Monday, October 27, 2008

MacBooking

So the MacBook I ordered back on the 15th finally made it to Vancouver this past Friday after a 7 days journey which took it from the banks of the Yangtze river to the Kansai region, then across the Pacific ocean to Alaska, Kentucky, Ontario, Aberta and finally British Columbia ... Way to keep the carbon footprint low there, UPS 9_9

Anyhow ... So far, I'm extremely pleased with the new MacBook. I was a bit worry when I got home Friday, that I may experience some of the issues I had heard about on the MacRumors.com's forums, but luckily non applied (dead pixels, loose battery cover, scratches, bent screen) to my unit (so far at least). In fact, I'm more than pleased: I love it! .. and for the following simple reasons:
  • Small and yet very usable
  • Sturdy and stylish (feel like a slab of metal)
  • Nice screen (yeah there some reflections but it's not really a major issue for me at least ...)
  • Great battery life
  • Nice keyboard
Now, it's not (yet) all lovy dovy:
  • Hang on me a couple of time
  • Can't seems to be able to get the # character, it keep showing up as £ (WTF?)
  • Plugged an external-screen to it and the MacBook display froze (it was still working but the unit own display wasn't, not was the external display)
  • The trackpad is tricky to use (maybe that's just me)

No comments: