Thursday, June 19, 2008

Be a software slut ...

Catchy title isn't it? Obviously it's an intriguing concept that I took from the hilarious talk (video) that superstar indie Mac developer Wil Shipley (of Omni Group & Delicious Monster fame) gave at the C4 conference in August last year. If you are an indie developer, or if you would like to be, or if you think that you may want to be (but don't know if you can do it), then you most definitely must watch Wil's take on hype (and other things that could potentialy make you successful). I guess, I should also mention his blog, although I'm sure that anyone reading this will have known about it for a while ... unless you are new to the scene (oh man this soooo early 90s! Quick get the Amiga out!). Anyhow, there's a lot of (very) good stuff to learn from that talk, so make sure you have some paper and a pen handy so that you can jolt it all down. How do I know it's sound advices? Well ... he's a successful independent developer, and I'm not. Therefore, what he have to said must be good advices ... unless he's just applying his (core) principles and hyping things ... hmmm 8-o

No comments: